Thursday, March 5, 2009

Webquest and Powerpoint

I enjoyed learning about webquests because they are something I had never heard of before. I'm sure I did something similar to them in high school, but the indepth analysis we did in class gave me a whole new outlook and frame of mind what creating assignments for my future students. I will most definitely implement webquests in my future classroom.
I chose to do my webquest on the beat poets of the 1950s and 1960s and, although they participuated in some illegal behavior, I feel that it is an important subject for students to be aware of. And it's something a little more contemporary for them to read.

The powerpoint wasn't really anything new to me, however, I did learn some new tricks when creating them. I often feel like powerpoints can be a very boring addition to a lecture, but if used correctly they can be an amazing visiual aid. I will take the things I learned in EDMT 330 and apply them to the powerpoints I will create in future classrooms.


Dave

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I hope you will do lots of WebQuests because they are certainly fun for the students, even though the best ones are a lot of work for both the student and the teacher.